While very compact, the economical GY-HM170E features a heavy duty body with professional control layout and comprehensive video profile settings for professional use. It is a fully functional high performance 4K Ultra HD camcorder that's equally capable of shooting 4:2:2 full HD at 50Mbps. Its integrated 12x optical zoom lens and 4K CMOS sensor, deliver razor sharp 4K Ultra HD recordings directly to SDHC/SDXC memory cards. It can even record on two cards simultaneously for instant backup or extended recording time. Output live 4K UHD camera signals through the built-in HDMI connector. And its tiny size allows you to shoot in venues that may be unfriendly to larger cameras.
JVC's fixed lens 4KCAM models, the GY-HM170 and GY-HM200, are being upgraded to include 120fps recording in HD mode for smooth slow motion effects. Firmware for the update is scheduled for release in December 2015, but you can preview a demo of 120fps here, featuring a slow-motion sample shot with the GY-HM200.
- Single 1/2.3-inch CMOS image sensor with 12.4 million pixels (9.03 active)
- High quality integrated 12x F1.2-3.5 zoom lens (35mm equivalent: 29.5-354mm)
- Dynamic zoom in HD mode combines optical zoom and pixel mapping to create seamless and lossless 24x zoom
- 4K Ultra HD recording (150 Mbps, 24/30p) to SDXC (UHS-I Speed class3) card
- 4:2:2 full HD recording at 50Mbps (24-60p)
- Live 4K UHD output via HDMI connector
- 2 position ND filter (1/4, 1/16)
- Built-in stereo microphone
- Dual SDHC/SDXC slots enable dual, backup and continuous recording
- 3.5-inch colour LCD display (920K pixel) with smart focus assist function
- 0.24-inch colour viewfinder (1.56M pixel) with smart focus assist function
- Wired remote control supported
- 9 user button assignable functions
- Includes BN-VF823U 7.2V battery, AC adapter