With three cardioid condenser elements in a single housing, the phantom-powered U843R offers a remarkably versatile tool for surface-mount installations. Levers on the microphone base allow easy reorientation of two elements to offer 360° or 300° coverage. Since elements can be powered and used individually or in any combination, further flexibility is easily achieved. For example, with two elements powered, the microphone can provide a figure-of-eight polar pattern; with a single element powered, the microphone functions as a standard cardioid boundary microphone. Installation and repositioning are extremely quick, thanks to four recessed pathways on the base of the microphone that enable the user to route the cable as required to accommodate any installation requirements; no tools or disassembly are needed. The microphone also offers Audio-Technica’s innovative UniGuard® RFI-shielding technology.
- Each element can be powered and used individually or in any combination
- Designed for surface-mount applications such as high-quality sound reinforce
- Ideal for a variety of video and audio conferencing application
- Small-diameter UniPoint capsule near boundary eliminates phase distortion
- Technology UniGuard™ offers outstanding rejection of RFI
- Low-profile design with low-reflectance finish for minimum visibility